Today’s post comes to you courtesy of the free wireless at Honolulu International Airport and the extra hour I got stuck at the airport with for various reasons. Enjoy!
- The cars are really, REALLY big. Everything here could eat the little-bity four-door hatches that are ubiquitous in Wellington.
- Portion sizes are really, REALLY big. The goat-cheese salad I had for lunch at the Honolulu Museum of Art was about the size of 7 Wellington salads. (oh boy do I have stuff to show you from HMA btw!)
- You have to tip. And tax isn’t included with the ticket price. I didn’t forget to tip at lunch or with the taxi, but I still had an “Oh, right, this thing” moment when I saw the bill. And they bring the bill to your table instead of you going up to pay. I’m not sure how I feel about this – I kinda like that in NZ the money part is completely separate from the food part, and you never feel like the check is a hint to hurry up and move on.
- The outdoors is so, so, nice. I guess I did remember it, but it is still so amazingly nice. I had lunch and breakfast outdoors. Heaven.
- There are a lot of bugs, and they are really big. Like really, REALLY big.