To be sure that you present a consistently well-groomed appearance, check yourself each night by the following “daily dozen”:
- Have I shampooed my hair (if necessary) and brushed it?
- Have I brushed and thoroughly cleaned my teeth twice today?
- Did I have eight hours of sleep last night?
- Have I thoroughly cleansed my face, hands and body?
- Have I taken some out-of-door exercise today?
- Have I had adequate intestinal elimination?
- Have I eaten three balanced meals?
- If I use cosmetics, have I chosen and applied them artistically?
- Have I kept my nails clean and well manicured?
- Have I maintained a good posture?
- Did my clothes appear well kept?
- Were my undergarments and hose fresh?
Rathbone, Lucy & Tarpley, Elizabeth, Fabrics and Dress. From the Riverside Home Economics Series. San Francisco: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1931 (given to me by the amazing Elise, and it is amazing and pretty much my favourite sewing book ever, already!)