Progress on my Marmotte Masquerade stays is moving along faster than I can blog about it, despite a little un-help from Felicity.
Nope. Can’t have it. My fabric.
All the pieces were boned, and sewn together:
Then, with a bit of help from Mr D, I tried them on. He wasn’t in a very good mood for lacing or photography, but you can still see that my lacing is nice and even
The fit was pretty good straight from the pattern, with no alterations other than a bit of lengthening (and I’ll lengthen any future versions another half an inch).
The one change I will be making is to try to reduce the waist as much as possible. The stays aren’t giving me much of a cone shape, and I’d like a bit more compression in the waist for comfort.
The uplift and shape in the bust is great though, especially considering how little I have to lift and shape.
With fitting done, I made adjustments to the pattern and started covering the pieces with my fashion fabric. Mmmm…marmottes…
Now I’m just doing a lot of binding in a hurry! I’m supposed to be wearing these on Saturday evening…