UPDATE: Testing applications are now CLOSED. Thank you all for your interest!
I’ve got a new Scroop Pattern ready to be tested!
Wide legged trousers or culottes inspired by my 1930s Deco Mermaid Beach Pyjama trousers – but with updates for modern construction and fit. They have front pleats, a pointed yoke, a loose, comfortable, dropped crotch seam, and a centre back invisible zip. And pockets!
Make them in linen, cotton, or rayon for summer, or wool for winter. In dressy silks and satins they are glamorous enough for formal wear.
The pattern comes in the full Scroop Patterns size range, from size 30-52
|Body Measurements in Inches|
|Body Measurements in Centimeters|
For this pattern I need testers who are low-intermediate or higher level sewers with some experience working with interfacing.
You will also need to:
- be able to print patterns in A4, A0, US Letter or US full sized Copyshop paper sizes
- have the time to sew up the item if you agree to be a tester for it
- be able to photograph your make being worn, and be willing for me to share your photos on this blog and instagram.
- be able to provide clear feedback
- be willing to agree to a confidentially agreement regarding the pattern
- have a blog or other format where you share and analyse your sewing
I would hugely appreciate it if you would share your finished make once the pattern launches, but this is not mandatory. I’m asking for TESTERS, not marketers. The requirement of a blog/other review format is to help me pick testers. I want to be able to see how you think about sewing, and that your experience level matches up to the pattern.
As always I’m be looking for a range of testers, in terms of geographical location, body type, sewing experience, and personal style.
If you’re selected to test I’ll let you know and send you the materials requirements, line drawings, and the full pattern description by 12pm NZ time on Tue the 1st of Jan (Mon the 31st for most of the rest of the world).
I will send out a digital copy of the pattern to testers before 2pm NZ time on Fri the 4th of Jan.
Testing & Reviewing:
Testers will have until 12 noon NZ time on Tuesday the 15th of Jan (11 days, with two full weekends) to sew the trousers, and respond to the testing questions. I will need basic photos by this date, but if you want a further weekend to take better photographs I can wait until Sun the 20th of Jan for those.
What you get:
Pattern testers will get a digital copy of the final pattern, my eternal gratitude, and as much publicity as I can manage for your sewing.
Keen to be a tester for the wide-legged trouser pattern? please email me with the following:
- Your name
- Your waist and hip measures
- Your height
- A bit about your sewing experience – particularly trousers
- A link to your blog/Instagram/Flickr/Sewing Pattern Review profile/something else sewing-y presence
- A link to a sewing make with a review (so I can see how you think about and analyse your sewing)
- Do you have any other skills that would really make you an extra-super-awesome pattern tester? (i.e. experience copy-editing)
If you’ve already applied to/been a tester for Scroop Patterns in the past you are welcome to just copy and paste all the info into a new email, as long as nothing has changed.
Hope to hear from you!