I’m plugging away at the Juno dress.
It’s at the point where everything is incredibly labour intensive and I spend hours and hours on it without seeming to get anywhere. It’s all going to come together soon and look amazing though, I swear!
First I pinned and draped the tulle, and then hand sewed it on, and tacked it down with invisible stitches all over the place so it holds the drape.
Then I had to figure out the bottom pleating, and make it fit perfectly around the width of the skirt.
Felicity helped with that part. Her instinct for expensive fabric is amazing. I lay the skirt down on the floor to pin the pleats, turned around, picked up a pin, turned back, and she was lounging on the fabric as if she had been there for hours.
Finally, I spent an entire evening making silk ‘poofs’ for the border at the top of pleating.
I peered and analyzed detail images of the inspiration dress as best as I could, but the silk is so old and crushed I can’t tell what the ruching at the bottom originally looked like, so I just made something up.
The whole effect of the skirt is working out quite well. Now I just need to finish the bodice, and the train.
And hope like heck that the peacock feathers I ordered come in on time so that I can do the garland!