Continuing on my series on making your own 1910s & WWI era wardrobe (with a focus on 1914-19), here are patterns for making dresses, coats & jackets!
The patterns I’ve included here are from pattern companies I’ve made items from, or have helped students or friends make items from, and can recommend on that basis.
I have not included pattern companies that I do not recommend, or pattern companies I have seen or tested in any way. I also do not include patterns that are essentially modern blocks updated with a period aesthetic: I find that they rarely give the correct look.
Other posts in the series include:
Hope you find it helpful!
- Sense & Sensibility 1914 Afternoon dress (note that in my opinion this pattern is only borderline accurate. If you want a general impression it’s fine, if you need to be fully accurate it’s not the best choice).
- Vintage Pattern Lending Library: 1918 Dinner dress with optional tunic (36” bust only):
- Vintage Pattern Lending Library: 1915 Dress with ruffled lapels (36” bust only):
- Wearing History: 1910s WWI Era Canteen Uniform (or utility dress)
Coats & Jackets:
- Vintage Pattern Lending Library: 1914 Ladies Kimono Coat with Vestee (38” bust)
For more on achieving an accurate mid-late-1910s look, check out my series on Body Ideals & Corsetry 1913-1921