UPDATE: Thank you all, applications to test this pattern are now CLOSED.
I’ve got a new Scroop Pattern ready to be tested!
I did a general call for pattern testers a year and a half ago, and that gave me a fantastic pool to work from. I’m incredibly grateful for all the amazing people who responded, even if the sheer volume meant I wasn’t able to use everyone as a tester. After 18th months (and now that there are so many new Scroop fans – thank you all!), I realise that people may no longer be in the same position to test. From now on I’ll be doing calls for pattern testers for individual patterns.
So, who wants to test my next pattern?
It’s a modern zipped hoodie pattern with design options ranging from very classic, to very quirky.
The pattern comes in the full Scroop Patterns size range, from size 30-52
|Body Measurements in Inches|
|Body Measurements in Centimeters|
For this pattern I need testers who are intermediate or higher level sewers with experience sewing knits, and experience with zips.
You will also need to:
- be able to print patterns in A4, A0, US Letter or US full sized Copyshop paper sizes
- have the time to sew up the item if you agree to be a tester for it
- be able to photograph your make being worn, and be willing for me to share your photos on this blog and instagram.
- be able to provide clear feedback
- be willing to agree to a confidentially agreement regarding the pattern
- have a blog or other format where you share and analyse your sewing
I would hugely appreciate it if you would share your finished make once the pattern launches, but this is not mandatory. I’m asking for TESTERS, not marketers. The requirement of a blog/other review format is to help me pick testers. I want to be able to see how you think about sewing, and that your experience level matches up to the pattern.
As always I’m be looking for a range of testers, in terms of geographical location, body type, sewing experience, and personal style.
If you’re selected to test I’ll send you the materials requirements & line drawings by 2 noon NZ time on Mon the 26th of Feb (Sun the 25th for most of the rest of the world).
I will send out a digital copy of the pattern to testers before 12 noon NZ time on Thur the 8th of March.
Testing & Reviewing:
Testers will have until 12 noon NZ time on Thur the 22th of March (two weeks, with two full weekends) to sew the hoodie, and respond to the testing questions. I will need basic photos by this date, but if you want a further weekend to take better photographs I can wait until Tue the 27th of March for those.
What you get:
Pattern testers will get a digital copy of the final pattern, my eternal gratitude, and as much publicity as I can manage for your sewing.
Keen to be a tester for the Hoodie pattern? please email me with the following:
- Your name
- Your bust, waist and hip measures
- Your height
- A bit about your sewing experience with knits & zips
- A link to your blog/Instagram/Flickr/Sewing Pattern Review profile/something else sewing-y presence
- A link to a sewing make with a review (so I can see how you think about and analyse your sewing)
- Do you have any other skills that would really make you an extra-super-awesome pattern tester? (i.e. experience copy-editing)
Hope to hear from you!