As you may have guessed from yesterday’s post, all the eyelets are done on Ninon’s bodice, and I’ve put the lining in and completely finished the outside.
I used some soft white linen that I had in my stash. The white was a little blinding against the dark gold of the duchesse silk satin, so I dyed it.
I used exactly the same dye that I used on the silk, but it came out pale yellow. It’s fascinating what dye does on different fibres.
The entire lining is stitched down over the boned linen base using running stitches, just like the outer duchesse silk satin.
I finished the edges of the front point, and the entire neckline by turning over the edges of the lining and tacking them down to the turned-over duchesse silk satin using an invisible whip stitch, just like the finishing on the Bath dress.
Unlike the front point, the tabs don’t get finished in this fashion; they will be bound. In preparation for that, I’ve basted all around the tabs just to hold everything in place.
So now I need to bind the tabs. And make sleeves. And find some awesome jewels to go around the neckline and down the front.